If you believe you may have an equal pay claim, you should get advice as soon as possible.
You may have an equal pay claim if:
- You receive a lower rate of pay than a male colleague doing the same or a broadly similar job (i.e. ‘like work’) or you do not receive a bonus that a male colleague doing the same or a broadly similar job receives. AND/OR
- Your employer has carried out a job evaluation scheme and your job has been given the same rating or grading as a man in a completely different job and you have been receiving lower pay or bonuses than the man (i.e., “work rated is equivalent”); AND/OR
- Your job requires a similar level of skills, knowledge and experience as a male colleague even if he does a completely different job; and you have been receiving lower pay, bonuses or other less favourable terms.
Please note that:
- You can only compare yourself with someone who works for the same employer;
- You can only compare yourself with a person of the opposite sex; and
- You may still have an equal pay claim if your salary is the same but other terms of your contract are less favourable than your comparator’s for example they receive bonuses, sick pay and overtime which you do not; and
- You do not have to have the same job as your comparator in order to have an equal pay claim. Your job simply has to be at the same level or grade for example, and require the same skills.
If you believe you may have an equal pay claim, you should get advice as soon as possible. Whilst ordinarily there is no time limit on making an equal pay claim if you are still employed by the same employer in the job you believe is underpaid, there is a 6 month time limit on bringing a claim if:-
- You have a new job or signed a new contract with the same employer when time starts to run from the last day of the old job or contract;
- You have left the employer who you believe has under paid you then the time limit will start to run from the date you were last paid.
My experience with OH Parsons has been brilliant. The communication was excellent and very professional. The solicitor kept me informed at every step of the claim. I would definitely recommend OHP . Thank you.
Mr Watson, Personal Injury Case
I have never had to deal with the solicitor for anything and for my first experience I am very glad to say that OH Parsons solicitors handled my case with utmost respect and professionalism. I would recommend OH Parsons to family and friends that need legal services. Thank you for all your help.
Ms Greca, Personal Injury Case
The service that you provided for me was very professional. I always felt at ease with you and easy to talk to you. I know if I ever need your services again I will not hesitate to contact OH Parsons family solicitor again.
Mrs P, Family Law Case
I would like to take this opportunity to thank OH Parsons for tremendous assistance throughout the legal claim. I was regularly informed about the proceedings of my case in a simple language. I am very happy with the service I was offered and would recommend it to others.
Mr Sehgal, Personal Injury Case
OH Parsons solicitors - Extremely helpful, honest, very professional, friendly and polite. Kept me informed and up to date with every development . Explained all the information thoroughly. Would definitely recommend and use them again. Thank you.
Mrs Power, Clinical Negligence Case
OH Parsons guidance and advise greatly appreciated. I have been well informed about my Personal Injury claim all the time. I would definitely recommend OH Parsons to my friends and relatives. Thanks.
Ms R. Nair, Personal Injury Case
I found OH Parsons very caring, yet professional in their approach to my case. Although I only had an accident report to support my claim, they took that and was able to prove that y employeers were negligible. I would recommend OH Parsons to anyone to represernt them. I am very happy with the support and service I received. Thank you to Nicholas especially, he was really ‘on the ball'.
Ms D Box, Personal Injury Claim
These last 3 years has been something that I would not want to go through again, we as a family nearly lost everything and each other. I and my family cannot thank Hannah and all the staff enough. A very professional company, with a very personal service to their clients. Thank you.
Mr A, Norfolk, Personal Injury Claim
Nazir had dealt with my case and was very very good, she dealt with the case very professionally, was nice and friendly on the phone, answered all my emails straight away, gave me good advice and I was very satisfied with the outcome, given the circumstances of my accident
Mr L, Personal Injury Claim
During the years my case was going on, I was always treated with respect and sensitivity by my solicitor, at OH Parsons. The case was brought to a successful conclusion, and while nothing can make up for the heartache of losing my husband, the settlement at least meant I would not have financial worries in the future.
Mrs B, Telford, Mesothelioma Claim
Churchill House Chalvey Road East, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2LS, United Kingdom
OH Parsons LLP
OHP is a trading name of OH PARSONS LLP, a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with Registered Number oc385704. OH PARSONS LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority | 606560. VAT Number: 239 026 763. Any reference to a partner in relation to OH PARSONS LLP is to a member of OH PARSONS LLP.