Who are we?
OH Parsons LLP is a limited liability partnership incorporated in England and Wales and is a “controller” under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Whose data do we hold?
We may hold data about the following people:
- Customers and clients
- Suppliers and service providers
- Advisers, consultants and other professional experts
- Complainants and enquirers
What data will we collect?
We will only collect information from you that is relevant to the matter that we are dealing with. In particular we may collect the following information from you which is defined as “personal data”:
- Personal details
- Family, lifestyle and social circumstances
- Financial details
- Business activities of the person whose details we are processing
We may also collect information that is referred to as being in a “special category”. This could include:
- Physical or mental health details
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
- Criminal convictions
- Sexual orientation
Basis for processing
The basis on which we process your personal data is one or more of the following:
- It is necessary for the performance of our contract with you
- It is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation
- It is in our legitimate interests to do so
- You have given us your consent (this can be withdrawn at any time by advising our Data Protection Officer)
How will we use your data?
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Provision of legal services including advising and acting on behalf of clients
- Promotion of our goods and services
- Provision of education and training to customers and clients
- Maintaining accounts and records
- Supporting and managing staff
Who will we share your information with?
Under our Code of Conduct there are very strict rules about who we can share your information with and this will normally be limited to other people who will assist with your matter. This may include:
- Medical Experts
- Private Investigators
- Healthcare professionals, social and welfare organisations
- Courts and Tribunals
- Your opponents in litigation proceedings when required
Where you authorise us we may also disclose your information to your family, associates or representatives and we may also disclose your information to debt collection agencies if you do not pay our bills.
How long will we keep your information for?
- We will normally keep your information throughout the period of time that we do work for you and afterwards for a period of six years as we are required to do by law and also by the regulations that apply to us.
- In some cases (for example where we have prepared a Will for you) we may retain your information for a longer period and we will advise you of this at the time.
- More information is set out in our Data Retention Policy which is available on request from the Data Protection Officer.
Transfers to third countries
- We may from time to time transfer your personal data to a country outside of the EEA.
- Normally this will be necessary for the performance of your contract with us or for the exercise or defence of legal claims on your behalf.
- Sometimes we may transfer for other reasons and we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place at all times.
- We shall ensure that all the information that you provide to us is kept secure using appropriate technical and organisational measures.
- In the event of a personal data breach we have in place procedures to ensure that the effects of such a breach are minimised and shall liaise with the ICO and with you as appropriate.
- More information is available from the Data Protection Officer
What rights do you have?
You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Right to be informed
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- Rights concerning automated decision-making and profiling
Right of access
- You have a right to see the information we hold about you.
- To access this you need to provide a request in writing to our Data Protection Officer, together with proof of identity.
- We will usually process your request free of charge and within 30 days however we reserve the right to charge a reasonable administration fee and to extend the period of time by a further two months if the request is manifestly unfounded or vexatious and/or is very complex.
- Full details are available in our Data Subject Access Policy which is available on request from the Data Protection Officer.
Right to erasure
- You have a right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain cases (details may be found in Article 17 of the GDPR).
- We will deal with your request free of charge and within 30 days but reserve the right to refuse to erase information that we are required to retain by law or regulation, or that is required to exercise or defend legal claims.
- To exercise your right to erasure please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Who can you complain to?
- If you are unhappy about how we are using your information or how we have responded to your request then initially you should contact the Data Protection Officer, Niamh O’Brady (020 7395 8564 or O’Brady@ohparsons.co.uk).
- If your complaint remains unresolved then you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, details available at www.ico.org.uk
My experience with OH Parsons has been brilliant. The communication was excellent and very professional. The solicitor kept me informed at every step of the claim. I would definitely recommend OHP . Thank you.
Mr Watson, Personal Injury Case
I have never had to deal with the solicitor for anything and for my first experience I am very glad to say that OH Parsons solicitors handled my case with utmost respect and professionalism. I would recommend OH Parsons to family and friends that need legal services. Thank you for all your help.
Ms Greca, Personal Injury Case
The service that you provided for me was very professional. I always felt at ease with you and easy to talk to you. I know if I ever need your services again I will not hesitate to contact OH Parsons family solicitor again.
Mrs P, Family Law Case
I would like to take this opportunity to thank OH Parsons for tremendous assistance throughout the legal claim. I was regularly informed about the proceedings of my case in a simple language. I am very happy with the service I was offered and would recommend it to others.
Mr Sehgal, Personal Injury Case
OH Parsons solicitors - Extremely helpful, honest, very professional, friendly and polite. Kept me informed and up to date with every development . Explained all the information thoroughly. Would definitely recommend and use them again. Thank you.
Mrs Power, Clinical Negligence Case
OH Parsons guidance and advise greatly appreciated. I have been well informed about my Personal Injury claim all the time. I would definitely recommend OH Parsons to my friends and relatives. Thanks.
Ms R. Nair, Personal Injury Case
I found OH Parsons very caring, yet professional in their approach to my case. Although I only had an accident report to support my claim, they took that and was able to prove that y employeers were negligible. I would recommend OH Parsons to anyone to represernt them. I am very happy with the support and service I received. Thank you to Nicholas especially, he was really ‘on the ball'.
Ms D Box, Personal Injury Claim
These last 3 years has been something that I would not want to go through again, we as a family nearly lost everything and each other. I and my family cannot thank Hannah and all the staff enough. A very professional company, with a very personal service to their clients. Thank you.
Mr A, Norfolk, Personal Injury Claim
Nazir had dealt with my case and was very very good, she dealt with the case very professionally, was nice and friendly on the phone, answered all my emails straight away, gave me good advice and I was very satisfied with the outcome, given the circumstances of my accident
Mr L, Personal Injury Claim
Very good service,always got back to me when made inquires etc..very professional in there field & won't hesitate recommending your service to #others
Mr J Devaney, Personal Injury Claim
I felt that the solicitor Caroline Bolton was most helpful and kept me updated on case details, in what has been a very stressful time for me. I felt I had the full backing of OH Parsons LLP. Many Many thanks again to you.
Mr B, Personal Injury Case
3rd Floor Churchill House Chalvey Road East Slough Berkshire SL1 2LS United Kingdom
OH Parsons LLP
OHP is a trading name of OH PARSONS LLP, a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with Registered Number oc385704. OH PARSONS LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority | 606560. VAT Number: 239 026 763. Any reference to a partner in relation to OH PARSONS LLP is to a member of OH PARSONS LLP.